Denny is truly the love of my life. He loves Jesus with all his heart and does his best to live a Godly life. He treats me with respect and showers me with love and kindness. When D does something- whether its work, play, house projects or anything else-he does his absolute best. He is a very hard worker. I love his big heart too! My husband will tear up over sad, happy or moving occasions. It's one of my favorite things about him:) He doesn't like that he does that, but I love it!
D is the best daddy! I know Brooks felt his love even though they never got to officially meet. Every night Denny made sure he told him goodnight, that he loved him, a little about his day and then he asked God to take care of him. While I was in labor with little man, Denny did nothing short of support me 100%. There were endless backrubs, "I love you's", "you're doing so good," etc.. I wouldn't have made it through those dark days right after that if it weren't for my honey. He spoke more wisdom in those days. I remember one conversation specifically the night before the funeral.
I was telling him how I didn't want tomorrow to come, I didn't want to say 'goodbye' to Brooks. Without missing a beat, D said "babe, it's not a goodbye, it's see you later." When I took a few days off from speaking to God, Denny never wavered. He prayed for us diligently and showed patience as I went through my mad phase. He's amazing.
I can't wait for Baby T to meet his or her daddy. This is one lucky kid. Baby T's daddy is the perfect balance of love, fun, discipline, respect, silly, wise and Godly example.
These pictures are of his birthday gift from his parents. He's been wanting to have his Derrick Brooks jersey from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers framed ever since we decided on our son's name. The jersey looks great and Denny really loved it! Thanks Bob & Viv!
Happy Birthday Babe! I love you more and more each day!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Denny!
That's really cool! Happy Birthday Denny!
Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.
Finally...the coveted jersey is framed! Can't wait to see it in the man room.
Happy Birthday Denny! I love the framed jersey!!!!
What a great post. I am glad you have each other!
I love to hear about great Godly husbands. I am so blessed to have one myself. Keep up the good work Denny. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment