A month or two ago D and I went to the CD release party for Todd Fields with Summer and Jason. Todd is an amazing Christian artist and his new CD is wonderful!
Anywhoo, we arrived just before it began so we stood in the back. The party was a great night of worship where Todd sang each track off the album. Baby T was moving all around enjoying the loud music. I however, was in a mellow mood, not really feeling like singing, rather just soaking in Baby T's movements and trying to take in the words Todd was singing.
I noticed standing in front of us is a young man around 13 or 14 years old. This teenager was about to come out of his skin he was worshiping Our Father so hard. He was giving his all to Jesus. I started thanking Jesus for this young man and his love for Him. I couldn't help but think, "wow, I sure hope our children grow to love Jesus like him. I want them to be this on fire for God."
Then it struck me like a teeny tiny lightening bolt....our children ARE praising God-in His presence!!! What lucky parents are we? We did such a great job growing them, they started praising Him and falling in love with Him before we could even show them what that looks like:) Just kidding (LOL), D and I know it was nothing we did, but all God. What a gracious God we have.
I want Brooks and our first 2 babies here with us more than anything. However, I'm so thankful they spend their days and nights loving and praising Jesus. I'd much rather them be there, than here on Earth and potentially not choosing Jesus. So, I'm going to consider ourselves extremely blessed parents.
13 years ago
4 comments:
Great perspective!
That's so true and like Sarah said, great perspective. Sometimes we get so caught up with life on earth we forget this world is not our home! Praise HIM that we do get to worship Him for eternity!
Ashly~ I also thought the same thing about that kid, but didn't say anything to you! He was definitely in the "Jesus zone" :)
I am STILL rockin' out my Todd Fields CD in my car..almost every single day! When we get in the car now, Noah says..."Oh, it's Todd Peelds...haha!"
Can't WAIT to see baby T in person and to see how you and Denny raise him/her to be a child of God! :)
Awesome post, Ashly!
Praise Him for his Blessings!
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda
Post a Comment