Sooo sorry I made you guys wait so long to learn how God wants us to be while we sit in this waiting room. Our church has had an amazing 3 part series on this very topic. Part 2 was great, because it laid out a very practical and do-able plan!
All we have to do is remember GPS, a little cheesy but it works!
Gratitude
Persistence
Surrender
To behave as God wants we need to build an altar of GRATITUDE. Find a way to remember God's faithfulness. The speaker spoke out of Genesis 12 & 13, referencing Abraham and Sarah. They were constantly reminding themselves that God was with them. I decided I am going to continue to build my altar of gratitude by reading the comments from this post(here). It is overwhelmingly encouraging to read about all the times of the day you guys are praying for us and Baby T. When analyzing the times of day everyone has said they will pray-it pretty much works out that someone is always praying! How remarkable?! Another way I am reminding myself of God's past faithfulness is to remember all the good that occurred during my pregnancy with Brooks. He has allowed us to have 2 healthy pregnancies, to get pregnant right away, to keep my body strong so I can handle being preggo for 2 years and keeping me emotionally stable(for the most part!). Let's face it, we're surrounded by His faithfulness.
The second thing His children are to do while waiting is to be PERSISTENT. In Genesis 18:22-28 you can read about Abraham's persistence with God. God enjoys hearing Abraham's heart even if it's over and over. Being in the waiting room can really run down your persistence, so this one can be quite a challenge. During this sermon I learned to stay persistent with God, I need to spend more and more time in prayer. Sometimes, it's the only way to not grow weary from waiting. I am choosing to be persistent by continually saying the same prayers over and over. Lord, please let us keep this baby for a long long time! We want to have a healthy baby and be given the chance to raise a child to know You and love You.
SURRENDER is the last thing to do while waiting. God loves to hear what we desire in our hearts, but we ultimately need to surrender our wants to His will. To illustrate what it's like to surrender, our pastor spoke about Abraham taking Isaac to the altar, where he believed God was asking him to give up his only son that he had waited so long for. Abraham was completely prepared to surrender his dreams to what God wanted him to do. In the end, God provided a ram caught in the thicket to take Isaac's place on that altar. This is probably where I struggle the most. It's so hard to surrender such a deep longing if it's not what God has planned for our family. If we do get to keep Baby T for a long long time, I think this will continue to be a major struggle of mine. It's going to be extra hard to hold my child with open hands toward God, letting Him do whatever He desires. My tendency will definitely be to hold on tight with my arms wrapped securely around our child. The only thing I can think of to help me with this is to spend even more time in prayer. Keep myself aware of this weakness I have. I'll work on it-I promise:)
If you desire to listen to the entire sermon, click on the link.
http://www.northpoint.org/messages
13 years ago
4 comments:
Great post, Ashly. Thank you for sharing!
Just curious...is baby T still breech? (Luke was breech and that's why I had a c-section...it's not that bad, you'll forget all about it once you're holding that sweet baby!)
What a great message and a wonderful reminder to all! Praying for Baby T as I brush my teeth daily! :)
ps. I think it's a girl... and I'm usally wrong but we'll see.
I think you might be surprised about surrendering Baby T to God. For some reason, I have found that I've had an easier time understanding that Garrett and Harper aren't really mine because it took me so long to get them. Because I (and you) have had to rely so heavily on God to become a parent, you are more aware of His presence and will for your child. And really, understanding that you are "just" a steward of Baby T takes so much pressure off of you as a parent.
It's NOT always easy, but I think you may find it to be easier than you think.
Can't wait to see you holding that baby!
Thank you for sharing how you are committing the GPS to your own area of waiting. I'm still praying for you daily as I put Landon down to sleep at night. I pray during nap time, too! Keep rested and keep praying.
Love you, girl.
Post a Comment