Tuesday, August 4, 2009

34 Weeks



Here's the pictures from last week's perinatologist appointment. Baby T had a great checkup! Each week they look at 4 things: breathing, heart function, cord blood flow and fluid levels. All are looking great. During my 34 week appt at the OB(earlier in the week) it was discovered during a non-stress test that I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. He immediately pulled me out of work and ordered me not to have more than 6 contractions in an hour. I was given a prescription and promised to behave so I didn't have to be admitted. I have been resting and taking it easy and the contractions have slowed way down. I have not had to take the medicine so that's good. At the end of this 35th week if I go into labor on my own they will just let me go and not stop it-Bring on the long walks & eggplant parmesean:)

As of now, we are on the schedule to have an amnio on August 18th and if we pass, induce on August 19th. However, they have said if I wait until August 24th(exactly 38 weeks) that he will induce me without an amnio. I am praying we will not need to make this decision and just go into labor on our own.

Pros for Amnio/Induction 8/19:
get baby out earlier(Brooks first acted up at 38 wks)
our favorite Dr. will deliver

Cons for Amnio/Induction:
risks of amnio(break my water, poke the placenta & make it bleed, poke Baby T)
increased risk of c-section
if we Baby T doesn't pass, we'll have to wait 1 week anyways

Pros for waiting till 38 wks:
baby will likely be healthier
my body will probably respond better and do what its supposed to

Cons for waiting till 38 wks:
do not care for Dr. on call that day
that's when Brooks first gave us trouble-so who knows what was up then
waiting longer means more anxious feelings
more time for something to go wrong in utero

See why it's such a hard decision???? It's too much pressure to make this decision! I've asked the doctors what they think and they both say they could make a case for deciding either way and that it's up to us. Please pray with us that labor will begin on it's own and we won't have to decide.

11 comments:

Stephanie says said...

I am so glad that Baby T is looking good. I think of ya'll so often. I am so excited to meet Baby T...who my bet is a girl! :o) I can't believe that it is already time...it feels like yesterday that Matt told me ya'll were having a baby! :) Thanks for the update...keeping you all in my prayers.

jennifer said...

Awesome news!!! and Praying baby T will just bust itself right on out :) If the risks for amnio are low and doctors want to move forward, don't feel bad doing it. You have been through enough and if you want that baby out then you do it!!! I just know this baby is going to be beautiful and healthy!!! cant wait.

Beth Goff said...

Precious cheeks! I will pray for WISDOME, God's timing, and for you to go into labor on your own if possible.

Unknown said...

i have been thinking about you guys all week;
deborah anne was giving me some info as she knew it!!
just know that GODS timing is perfect.

'be anxious for nothing...'
'trust in the lord with all your heart...'

i pray that the lord will allow your body to do what HE intended it to do.
if not, that HE will give you and denny the peace to make the right decision!

baby T is precious!!

sjefferson said...

I have to kiss on those sweet, pouty cheeks right now!!

Ashly and Denny, Curtis and I are are calling down heaven for you guys and this baby and trusting Father God that we WILL hear the screams of life from this blessing!

Sara Price said...

She is going to be a beauty :)

Unknown said...

Ashly- seeing these sweet pictures makes me so joyful for you and Denny. We just rejoice in this sweet blessing that the Lord is knitting together, and we look forward to meeting him or her! We're coming up to finally meet Eric and Kristen's baby next Monday evening....we'll e-mail before and see if it might be a good time to stop by and visit you too! :) Jennifer and Jason

Amber said...

Ashly, I am praying for wisdom and peace over your decision. God's timing IS perfect, so allow your trust to rest in Him. Love you, girl.
Amber

Jason Pendley Photography said...

Ashly~ These pictures are gorgeous of baby T! I cannot WAIT to meet him/her (I'm leaning more towards "her"). We're thinking of you often this week & praying that you will not have to make this decision. Hang in there...sleep late & try to enjoy these last few days and/or weeks...:) Love Ya'll!
Talk to you soon,
Summer :)

Deborah Anne Whitfield said...

Baby T is precious...I agree with Steph and think this is a girl for sure!!! Praying for yall daily and love you to pieces!!

Amanda Hoyt said...

Beautiful baby!
We're praying for you.
Hugs,
Amanda