Denny and I are feeling nothing short of blessed as we sit 8 days away from meeting Baby T. We have been surrounded with love and support and it is completely amazing. Cards, emails, texts and phone calls have been coming in abundance, so much so, I'm a little afraid of going over my cell phone minutes this month:) Isn't that wonderful? haha!
25 people have signed up to pray specifically for us August 1st-25th. They have agreed to pray for us many times as they go throughout their days. Usually, whoever's day it is to pray for us, they will email us and tell us their specific prayer and verses they are lifting up to God on our behalf. It has been very powerful and Denny and I have felt nothing short of peace as we navigate these last days before delivery.
The 2nd big way D and I have been feeling so loved and lifted up is that Sunday night we had a Baby T Prayer Meeting. 5 other close friends came to our home with dinner and then spent over an hour praying for our family. Sarah organized this night for us, but had a family member pass away and they ended up not being able to make it. However, Sarah wanted to show her dedication and ended up praying over us through the phone! What a great friend!
The verses God laid on her heart to pray for us were Lamentations 3:22-26:
V22. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
V23. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. V24. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." V25. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; V26. it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
She also prayed Lamentations 3:31-32: For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.
V32. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
Andy prayed Matthew 18:20: For where two or three are gathered in My name, there I will be in the midst of them.
He spoke about how God is with us, watching over us and how we are in line with His will for our lives. He also reminded Denny and I just how many people are continuing to lift us up in prayer each and every day.
Andy's wife, Kim, prayed 1 Samuel 1:27-28: I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. V28. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord. And he worshiped the Lord there.
Next up was Jason & Summer. They chose Isaiah 43. This chapter speaks of God's mercy and how He is Israel's only Savior.
Adriane closed us out in prayer by telling us about Matthew 11:28 : Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. V29. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. V30. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
It was an amazing night! God definitely showed up and surrounded our home with peace and love. Denny and I went to bed with prayerful hearts, unable to stop thanking God for such wonderful friends and a Godly support system. We are truly blessed. Thanks to every prayer warrior out there. Denny and I are sensing His presence and doing well emotionally, spiritually and physically. Your prayers are working!!!
12 years ago

11 comments:
Ashly~ It was a pleasure being with ya'll on Sunday evening....Jason and I felt equally blessed as we left that night. As we've said, you guys have been such an inspiration to us over this last year, and we thank the Lord for that! Baby T's arrival is sneaking up on us...and, I'm getting SOOO excited and VERY anxious for you and Denny to meet this miraculous gift. We'll talk to you soon!
**That picture cracks me up...it looks like I'm tinkling your back! HAHAHA!!!!
I love reading your blog because it reminds me how important it is to pray often.
Every night in my prayers, and whenever I come home or leave and look over to your house I pray that your home is blessed with our Heavenly Father's spirit.
I love Isaiah 43!!! my favorite verse being Isaiah 43:10 "Fear thou not"
p.s.
Thanks for the baking soda the other day;)
Your journey is such an inspiration to me! I have never met you, but I was introduced to your blog by a friend. I pray that you will continue to feel his peace as your delivery day approaches!
I can't believe it's only 8 more days! I am so excited for you and Denny. You are so very blessed to have such amazing friends to pray over you. You're in my prayers, too, and I can't wait to find out if Baby T is a she or a he!
The Shoch household is praying for you too - even my 4 year old daughter includes you in her bedtime prayer. And every day I walk, I pray for you, baby T, your doctors and nurses, and, of course, your loving husband. Ashly, angels will be singing, all of your friends and family will be rejoicing, and Brooks will be smiling down on you when you finally hold your precious child for the first time. God is good!!!
WOW- How amazing!! What a blessing and I loved reading all the verses!! Wish I could have been there... and I am sure Natalie would have loved to have been there too!
Praying!!
praying god's peace be on you and denny in these next few days before baby t's arrival!!
what an inspiration you are -- god is so good and faithful :o)
looking forward to hearing the good news of baby t's arrival!!!
blessings on you and denny!!
...praying for you as you near this most important day :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda
You do not know me but I have been following your blog for a while and took your challenge to pray for you every day. As the mother of a healthy 11 month old little girl I want you to know this joy more than anyone! And I don't even know you:)
But you deserve it so much!!!
Praying for you still, Allison
Ashly...it was just as much a blessing to us to be there! We love you both and cannot wait to meet Baby T!!!
Ashly and Denny - what precious friends you have with you at this time. Yes, precious and amazing and full of God's love for you. I pray for you to be at peace for now and for the future. Baby T is beautiful. Can't wait to hold her/him and share in your joy. Love you.
Aunt Jeanette
Post a Comment