8/18/09 6:30 AM
We are leaving shortly for the amnio test. I am feeling nervous but also with a peaceful heart. Sleep last night was good. We only woke up at 1:30 and then 4:30(for the day). Baby T was immediately doing flips so it was perfect!
A sonographer will conduct an ultrasound while Dr. K performs the test. She will show him the biggest pockets of fluid and Dr. K will insert a very skinny needle into that pocket of fluid and draw out a small tube. Apparently it only takes about 15 seconds to fill the tube and then we'll be done. They will monitor Baby T and I for about 30 minutes after the procedure to make sure we're doing okay. Assuming all goes well, D and I will come home to rest and wait for the phone call. The tube of amniotic fluid will be sent to the lab where they will test for 3 chemicals. Infants with mature lungs will secrete 3 specific chemicals and hopefully they will all be found today:)
I will update the blog as soon as we hear something with any further details.
Please pray for wisdom & steady hands for Dr. K, peace in our home & hearts while we wait for the call, mature lungs that can be born tomorrow and a smooth procedure-with no complications.
12 years ago
8 comments:
Ashly and Denny- we are so excited that today has finally arrived for you guys. Looking forward to the updates and celebrating Baby T's safe arrival with you. Praying for you today. The Conleys.
Wow... you are getting SO CLOSE!! Praying for you, Ashly!!
All of your friends love you so much!!
We are praying for you, Denny & Baby T today during the procedure & praying that tomorrow will be THE BIG DAY with NO complications. Praying for a easy labor & delivery and lots & lots of happy tears! Can't wait to hear what Baby T is (I'm predicting a sweet baby girl)! Enjoy this time with Denny & that sweet baby inside of your belly. He or she has been so loved since you first shared the news of him/her!
Ashley, I have been praying for you and Denny and Baby T so much. I just put it in God's hands so everything will be perfect. God has got a plan and I can't wait to see it. I hope tomorrow at this time I can say CONGRATULATIONS! It's so exciting because we don't know what you're having.
God's Peace for all of you,
Susan Smith
praying...and excited to meet baby T. if you guys need anything call me!
Count down guys - praying for you and baby T.
Bob & Norma Price
Post a Comment