Sunday, August 16, 2009

Surreal

Is it Tuesday yet? NO? Geez, it sure is taking forever to arrive. I'm trying to soak it in and enjoy every movement, but the anxiousness is making herself at home these days.

Now that we are so close to delivering Baby T, I am feeling nothing less than a million different emotions. The main feeling I have at this time is 'surreal.' About 2 minutes after writing my last post where I told all of you about "the plan," my heart started to become uneasy. We learned the hard way that the Tucker family doesn't make "plans." We might make dinner plans or plans to go for a hike, but we(I) DO NOT make "plans." It sounds really sad and depressing, but I no longer allow myself to daydream. And I was a big daydreamer. I could envision an entire weekend of events in about 20 seconds-and all my dreams included a living child. Last year, I had pictured a busy fall season, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter and even summer outings and fun. Sweet baby Brooks was in every single daydream. Our family of 3 was having a blast on all our new adventures. Then to go through those occasions the complete opposite of how I pictured for 9 months was/is the worst, just terrible. No one should do it.

Anyways, back to my surreal feelings...to have actually written out on this blog that we have a plan seems crazy. It also sounds too easy. Go to the hospital Tuesday, draw out fluid which takes 15 seconds, get monitored for 30 minutes, go home & watch a movie, get a late afternoon phone call that Baby T is ready, drive to the hospital after dinner, get a Cervadil, sleep/hang out all night, get Pitocin Wed. morning, deliver Baby T later on Wednesday. These plans work out for other people-happens all the time. Plans don't seem to work out for us so much. So it caused me to freak out a little at how easy this whole "plan" thing seems.

We are so close to meeting our newest blessing, it's feeling too good to be true. I think I have a hard time because I don't have any good birthing experiences to look back on. All I know is delivering babies who go straight to Heaven. I still can't/allow myself to picture a good birthing experience. I don't know why, it's not like if something bad did happen to Baby T, it would hurt any less because I kept myself from daydreaming. I guess it's just a self defense mechanism. Kinda dumb when you think about it. Why not daydream & picture good times with your baby? Why not thoroughly soak up pregnancies, in doing so, happily thinking about life after baby arrives? When the excited feeling creeps over me, I almost want to keep it out somehow. So sad! I wish I wasn't being like this. I won't say I'm not excited, because I am thrilled and giddy with excitement to meet Baby T, but it just scares me to be in this place again.

I am also feeling anxious, ready, happy, nervous and positive. I do ultimately believe God is going to let us keep Baby T for awhile:)

Latest prayer requests:
-still wanting to go into labor on my own to avoid amnio:)
-pass the amnio (I will go crazy if I have to wait till the 24th b/c Baby T isn't ready)
-safe amnio, no complications
-peace while waiting for results on Tuesday
-overly active baby until delivery
-loud cries immediately after birth(from the baby!)
-safe & healthy Baby T

Thanks Prayer Warriors-you're the best!

17 comments:

Shauna said...

We'll be thinking about you guys on Tuesday! We are confident that everything will go perfect and we can't wait to meet him/her!!!!

The Arritt Family said...

We'll be praying for all three of you over the next few days!

Rachel said...

Anyone who's lost a baby understands the way you're feeling. Wanting to be hopeful and happy, but scared to allow yourself the freedom of having those emotions because it might not have a happy ending.

But like you said, having happy thoughts now won't make it any harder if something did happen to Baby T. I'm reminded of what a friend told me recently (as I'm pregnant again after losing my daughter to a knot in her cord and then having a miscarriage a few months later). My friend said that I need to "prepare for rain" not just "pray for rain." Have you seen "Facing the Giants?" If not, it would be a great movie to watch on Tuesday while you're waiting for results. Anyway, having trust in God is more than just hoping, it's living like you believe it will happen!

Can't wait to "meet" Baby T soon!

Summer Pendley said...

Ashly~ I believe your feelings are completely normal and understandable...like you, I do feel as though this is a defense mechanism of some sort. But, I want you to know that I have an overwhelmingly positive and peaceful feeling (although I'm VERY anxious too!) about this delivery and birth. As I'm typing this, I'm praying for peace for you and Denny...especially during that waiting period on Tuesday....:) Love ya~ See ya in the morning..unless Baby T decides to come tonight! Let us know!!!! :)

Amber said...

Ashly, my heart hurts as I read your post. I believe it's only natural to put up some defenses, but I do hope that you'll allow yourself at least one daydream before you meet Baby T. I am anxious, too; but even more, I am prayerful. Lots of defenses are going up FOR you, too, sweet girl...I think it's safe for you to let yours down just a bit.

I am clinging to our God of faith, hope, and love. He wants to bless you, Ashly.

I can't wait to hold Baby T...until you make me give him/her back!!!

Love you!

April said...

Hi Ashly, Just wanted to let you know what I will be praying for you this week. :)

April

Stephanie said...

Our family will be praying for you this week for a smooth delivery. God Bless!

Mike said...

I guess the eggplant didn't work? Maybe you shouldn't have split it with Denny!

We're praying for you guys and can't wait for Baby T to join us at small group!

Jill said...

I relate to this post. Different circumstances but I have felt the EXACT same way about dreaming and making plans. I don't do it. I truly can't imagine the anxiety you are experiencing though. I just wanted to let you know I'm praying too and following your blog for updates. SO excited for you and praying for your heart!!!

Laura Ripley said...

Thinking and praying for you every time you pop in my mind. (very often) Just cling to all of God's promises. If you can't pray just lay your bible on your chest and soak in God's peace. Our Sunday school teacher told us she does that when life is overwhelming. I love it. I believe it will work. Love ya!!!

jennifer said...

Come on eggplant parm, KICK IN ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! praying for you guys! we can't wait meet perfect baby T!!!

Tonya said...

I think everything you're feeling is normal after what you went through with Brooks. IF we decide to try again, I KNOW I'll be feeling everything you are! Please know that you are heavy in my prayers and thoughts. Can't wait to read more updates as they come! Good luck "waiting". Praying for that too!

Love,
Tonya

Unknown said...

we are praying for you and baby T!!

may our god give you all a peace that passes all of your understanding in these next few days.

you are covered in prayer!!

Nicole McFarland said...

You and Denny are being showered with prayer now more than ever. I keep checking your blog daily and can't wait to read the good news about a perfectly safe and healthy little blessing!! My family and I will be praying extra hard these next few days!

Katy said...

Hey, it is Katy from NC. I will be praying for you and your family tonight and throughout the day tomorrow. God Bless all 3 of you!!

Allison said...

I came across your blog from a friend of a friend. I wanted to let you know that I will pray for you tonight and tomorrow. God will be with you!!

Allison said...

Ashly, I've said this many times on here, but it's your openness and honesty that is allowing you to slowly heal from Brooks' death and helps all of us know how to specifically pray for you. I say you just live right where you are in those feelings and let us handle the rest for you. Don't worry about feeling the "right" things-there is no right in this situation. You do what you need to do to get you through this birth. There are plenty of us that have daydreamed beautiful things for you and Baby T, so we've got that end covered. :)
But in the nicest way I must insist that someone keep the blog updated or there will be a very anxious mob in the waiting room at the hospital!