Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update

We finally had a dr. recommend to go ahead with the amnio and not see 38 weeks again. What a big praise! I'm feeling more at peace with that decision each day. Secretly still hoping to go on my own in the next 6 days, but getting more comfortable with "the plan."

I'm scheduled for the amnio at the hospital on Tuesday 8/18 at 8am. They say we should have the results by 3pm and if Baby T passes, we'll be asked to come back to the hospital after dinner to begin the induction. Our amazing Dr. comes on at 7am 8/19 and we would hopefully deliver sometime that day.

Contractions are still here with abundance, but apparently aren't doing too much(I'm still only 1 cm). I've been on long walks each day, eating spicy foods and all the other wives tales that are "supposed" to get labor going. But, I got news for ya....this baby ain't comin till this baby's ready! As a last effort, we have a date with our small group for eggplant parmesean for Friday night:)

That's all for now, if I left anything out-let me know and I'll answer it in the next post.

14 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Wishing you the best of luck!! God has a great plan!

Stephanie says said...

I can't believe that it is already time for Baby T to come!!! I am so excited for you and Denny! My thoughts and prayers are with you daily!

~Stephanie

Summer Pendley said...

Ashly~ Really been thinkin' about ya this morning...as I always do. I think "the plan" sounds good...we'll be there for ya as much as we can next week. Don't lose hope about the baby coming early though..you NEVER know what will happen! :) But, whenever it is, it will be a MOST joyous time...I can't WAIT!!! Enjoy the eggplant parmesan on Friday!

Shannon said...

I am sooo excited for you guys! I will keep you in my prayers and I know this time next week you will have a precious healthy baby in your arms!

Unknown said...

I continue to pray for you daily, Ashly. So excited that your sweet little one is almost here!

Kimberly Jones said...

So Exciting!!! I will be praying for the Eggplant Parmesean to do it's job. :) We are praying and can't wait!

Sara Price said...

Ok...we just talked and I wanted to read your update. I know the "plan" freaks you out, so instead think of it as STEP 1...STEP 2 will require some work (pushing baby T out)...but focus on STEP 3, which is holding your sweet baby in LESS THAN A WEEK! What will she (ha!) look like...how much will she weigh...is she going to have alot of hair...is Denny going to cry? Ultimately...that is what you will remember from this experience. You relax...let everyone pray...and know you will be holding a miracle soon enough! love you both!

megan and nick said...

I've been checking out your blog for quite some time now and love to read your updates (I'm friends with Sara and Chris)...I think my husband knows Denny from Lockheed. Anyway...I ate the eggplant parm from Scalini's around 7pm and was having contractions 2 min apart by 5am...it works!
I'll be thinking of you--everything is going to go great!

Unknown said...

I know its been forever since we've seen each other...but I've been praying for you and you have been on my mind constantly for the past nine months. I'm so excited for you and thank you for letting me be a part of your journey to Baby T.
love,
Amy (Bonner)

Amanda Hoyt said...

Can't wait to hear the news that Baby is finally here! :)
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Rory and Cindy said...

You're so close! I'm keeping you and your sweet baby in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Ashly, I think about you and your family daily. I cannot wait to check this blog and see pics of your beautiful and healthy baby! Congratulations!
Melissa Connally Westmoreland

Rachel said...

Praying all goes well on Tuesday. I had an amnio at 15 weeks and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I asked lots of women beforehand to get an idea of what to expect and most had their amnios at the end of the pregnancy and no one had any problems/concerns afterwards. May God give you peace and reassurance that your baby will be in your arms soon.

Lisa Shoch said...

My sunday school class this morning committed to pray for you all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I still hope you come earlier on your own. I can't wait to hear the news of baby T's arrival! Big hugs to you all!