We are home from the procedure! It went really well. Baby T is still surrounded by large amounts of fluid, which made it easy for Dr. K to find a good spot to draw from. The sonographer showed us the healthy heart beating at 150 bpm, the blood flowing well through the cord & then measured the fluid. Dr. K scrubbed down my belly with betadine and then inserted the skinny needle and drew out a couple tubes of fluid. It really didn't hurt, just a tiny little stick. I have to say it hurts a lot more to have blood drawn out of your arm! I closed my eyes and did my deep breathing and it was over very quick. We cleaned up and went to the monitoring room to make small talk with the nurse and make sure Baby T wasn't stressed out by the procedure. Baby T did well and we left to run a few errands & grab some breakfast.
On the drive to the hospital, lots of emotional feelings began to well up. I mistakenly held them in, only letting 1 little tear slip out. I should have let it go then, because they really started to pour out as we were prepping for the amnio. It wasn't so much from nervousness (although, I'm sure that played a role) but more a mixture of everything. Realizing we are one step closer to welcoming our baby home, having this enjoyable, stressful & emotional journey almost done to re-playing events with Brooks-all of it is very overwhelming! I calmed down before Dr. K started and I'm feeling much more stable now:)
No less than 7 people told us 7 different times when we could get "the call," so who knows! I promise to update as soon as we know. The earliest we heard was noon & and the latest we heard was 5:30. Take this for what it's worth, but the 2 nurses and Dr. K who all looked at the fluid in the tubes all said "looks good and mature to me." Hope they're right! I already told Dr. K, he'll be admitting me for the week if Baby T isn't ready. He replied, "committing or admitting?" Haha, Isn't he funny? I told him, it didn't matter, just pick one:)
Thanks Prayer Warriors for everything. There isn't a way to express what it means to us to be so covered in prayer!
13 years ago
13 comments:
Ashly,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Amanda
Thanks for the update Ashly! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
~Stephanie
Love, love, love and hugs, hugs, hugs your way!!!!!!
Amber
So glad everything went well and looking forward to the "tweet" tomorrow!
You were the talk of lunch! Praying for great results!
This is great news Ashly, I am so glad that the procedure went well and fast. Can't to get the update tomorrow. Love you Lydia xoxo
Can't wait is what that is suppose to say.. Duh. Oh and I love that your doc has a great sense of humor. : )
So glad everything went well. I have prayed that things will go perfect! I'll keep checking in.
We love ya'll!!!!!
Baby T~ We can't wait to meet you!!!!! :)
We are praying for you! Can't wait to hear more news! Enjoy the rest of your peaceful day as it will change so soon!! :)
Love,
Sara
So glad it went well! We love you and are praying, praying, praying! Can't wait to see that precious baby!
Praying to meet Baby T tomorrow! We love you guys. Hope to come tomorrow to see you at the hospital!
the wait is killing me! i want to see her sweet face! LOVE and MANY PRAYERS
Post a Comment