Wednesday, May 19, 2010

9 Months of pure JOY!!!


My BABY is 9 months old! How did this happen? It's crazy to think she's been outside of me as long as she was in me:)

Macy Brooks is nothing short of amazing and brings sooooo much joy to our lives! New things happen everyday!

What's new with MB?

CRAWLING!!! Army crawling can get her wherever she wants. She's loving her new found freedom and can take off quickly. She's just started crawling after me and it's too cute.

She weighs 18 pounds and seems quite tall. Wearing 12 month clothes due to her height!

2 front, bottom teeth! #1 came in at 8 months, 1 week and the 2nd popped in a week and a half later.

Hair is growing in more every week, so pretty:)

She's consistently sleeping 7:30-7:30 (until 2 nights ago!) Pretty sure the 5:30 feeding is gonzo! For naps, we recently got on the 10 & 2 schedule. It's going good with each nap lasting 1.5-2 hours. We get our paci and blanky, rock for a couple minutes and lay her down. She usually nods off within a few minutes without making a peep!

Pulling up with help and walking holding our hands. I think it will be awhile before she's on her own, still wobbly:)

I continue to make her baby food, but for dinner Macy Brooks will eat what we eat. It's great! She gums up all her bites until it can be safely swallowed. She's also eating a ton right now. Still loves nursing every 3.5-4 hours with 3 meals in between.

She can wave hi and bye! Adorable!!! She used to just stick her arm straight into the air and not move it, but a couple days ago, she figured out how to move her fingers in a waving motion:)

Little girl knows how to raise her arms over her head when we say "how big is Macy Brooks?"..."so big!" She caught onto that in just a couple days!

This girl has personality:) Some might call it attitude, but we'll just stick with "personality." She definitely could never be called boring! Macy Brooks has determination, and I love that about her. When she wants something, she does everything to get it.

Macy B gets called a "busy body" at least 23 times per day. Some days it seems as though she never stops moving! Always looking for the next thing. Wants to get into everything and know everyone.

"Dada" gets said a million times a day, so cute. We don't think she knows quite what she's saying, but it makes Denny proud anyways.

We continue to be thankful and amazed God gave us such a wonderful blessing! In all my dreams, I couldn't have planned out a happier and sweeter baby girl:)

11 comments:

Stephanie says said...

What a cutie! I can't believe it! It feels like yesterday that she was born! Then again I say that every day about K and he is almost 16 months! Where does the time go? She is just too cute!

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

We are working the "so big" too!! I love the book!

Laura Ripley said...

So precious!

Amber said...

Such a sweet post! You'll be glad you have recorded these memories, because (believe it or not) they will be hard to remember in a couple of years. Sad that way, but always fun knowing that other good memories are on their way!!! Macy B is a cutie!

The Gibbs Family said...

9 months in your belly, 9 months in your arms!! WOW time flies! Those two pictures are precious!! You have a natural talent! Can't wait until you take Will's pictures again!

Anonymous said...

I love this little girl...she's absolutely adorable and I just love her smile!!

Tonya said...

The time absolutely flies, doesn't it? She's a beautiful blessing!

I got your email...just haven't had a chance to respond. YES, I want to get together again soon! I'll be in touch!

Love you friend,
Tonya

Bennetts said...

Ashly!! MB is growing so fast and she is BEAUTIFUL! Your blogs are very moving and thank you for sharing whats in your heart! We miss you guys!

Jason Pendley Photography said...

Ashly~ I am freaking out at how completely adorable this girl is! Wow! She is such a little ham too, huh? Those pictures are sweet as pie, and I particularly LOVE that little sassy dress she's wearing with the pink leopard ruffle! Whoever got her that is awesome...haha! :) Talk to ya soon friend!

~Summer :)

Rachael Walkup said...

Oh my goodness, MB is such a precious little girl. The past 9 months have flown by!

Kimberly Jones said...

Such a beauty! Time goes by too quickly doesn't it? I know you are soaking in every minute! Give that sweet girl a kiss for me!