A memory that often crosses my mind is one of a little prayer meeting we had at the house before we left for the hospital to start inducing little man.
I'm not even sure how it all came about to be honest. The first friend I even told the news to is beyond me. I have no idea who it was and how word spread.
My great friend, Karin and I worked together at the church and spent our entire pregnancies together. She was due 9/4 and me, 9/25! We were both carrying our first boys and couldn't have been happier:) We'd daydream of playdates and their future wives and it never got old. She delivered her sweet David on 9/7 and life was going so well.
Like I said, I'm not sure how it came to be, but Jake & Karin, my parents, Rachael(a good friend that I also worked with), Denny and I all ended up at our house before we headed to the hospital. They were amazingly awesome in surrounding us in prayer. I don't really remember crying that much. Pretty sure I was still in shock. I do remember, not wanting to go. I knew once we left the house things would be set in motion and I'd have to face reality.
Karin, 3 weeks postpartum, was there like I mentioned. And this is the memory I think about all the time......
I'm standing in our breakfast area when her and Jake arrived. She hugged me first and is trying to keep it together. Then she turns to my mom in the kitchen and they start hugging. Karin breaks down and I remember like it was yesterday saying, "Karin's so upset because she knows how good it is to have a little baby and she's very aware of what we just missed out on."
She couldn't say anything and I remember the room got eerily quiet for a minute. Everyone knew what I said was so true and I think that's when it really started to sink in what was happening.
12 years ago
7 comments:
This may have triggered specific memories for me too (ones that I never wrote about before). Thanks for sharing! You may have inspired another post for me.
Kat @ In Dylan's Memory
Wow girl..heart breaking to read but just also powerful and can sense that blogging these things can be healing for you, at least I pray that's the case. Thanks for sharing. I'll be reading along.
Ashly, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I'm glad you are telling the story. I miss Brooks too.
Ashly, I know for me writing is so healing. I hope you find sharing and grieving on your blog to be as cathartic as I have. I look forward to hearing more about your precious Brooks.
I had the same feeling when we left for the hospital. It was just terrible.
love and prayers,
ebe
I agree I think writing this out in a story will be some healing for you. Looking forward to reading what is ahead. We miss sweet Brooks!
i would love to hear more brooks stories please! maybe on lake hartwell in the near future=)
A very heartbreaking memory I am sure. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment