Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Due Date

Dear Macy Brooks,
Hi sweet girl, it's your mommy. Today is your due date-September 7th, 2009. I am so thrilled that we've already had you home for 2 1/2 weeks. Daddy and I decided today that if we were still pregnant with you I'd be miserably psychotic:) No offense, but pregnancy gets pretty difficult at the end, especially in the heat of summer in Georgia. Plus, it was mentally exhausting trying not to worry about you making it here. Needless to say, Daddy and I were pumped to greet you just after you turned 37 weeks.
Can mommy tell you just how much joy you have brought into my life? I am head over heels in love with you! You have been a fantastic baby and we are soaking up every minute with you. A couple nights ago, you even slept for 6 hours straight-scared Mommy to death when I realized how much time had passed, but you were still snug as a bug in a rug in your co-sleeper. You smile many times a day and it just makes us melt. I love seeing your sweet mouth when you yawn. It's such a big yawn for a little tiny girl. One of my favorite things you do is play with your hair when I'm nursing you. It's so sweet!
Daddy and I cannot decide who you look like. We definitely think you look like your brother, but other than that we don't see it. I know your limbs take after me-they are so long and skinny. You also have my skin color. Daddy gave you your lips, toes and feet for sure. Your big toe is almost like a finger, it's adorably long and skinny:) You love your baths and getting coated in lotion afterward. You rarely cry, eat great and sleep great! I think you're a very happy girl:-)
Thanks for being our amazing daughter. We pray over you every night. We pray that you would continue to be happy, healthy and grow to love our gracious and almighty God who loves you so much.

8 comments:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for your blog. A month ago today, we delivered our stillborn son, Andrew, at 39 weeks much like you and your husband. I recently read back and got caught up on your story since the loss of your son. It's been such an encouragement to see how God has worked and blessed you with your baby girl in the midst of your grief over your son. Thank you for sharing your life with me through your blog.

Sara Price said...

I'm so happy she's doing great! Can't wait to see her tonight!

all 4 Him said...

Congratulations...she is absolutely beautiful. Thank you Jesus for this precious miracle!

Amber said...

What a sweet little girl Macy Brooks is for her Mommy! I remember the first time both of my kiddos slept long stretches - it scared me to death, too! Glad to hear you are soaking up every moment with her because they go by so fast.

Rachael Walkup said...

She has been covered in prayer since the day she was made and still being prayed for. Of course she's perfect! The power of prayer is amazing!

Love you!

Amanda Hoyt said...

So sweet!
Many hugs,
Amanda

jennifer said...

have i mentioned i love her?

Kimberly Jones said...

She is so precious! Keep soaking up every minute...she is such a blessing:)