Sunday, September 20, 2009

Macy Brooks' Celebration












We celebrated our little miracle baby, Miss Macy Brooks on September 19th. This momma wasn't into celebrating with any baby showers before my sweet girl arrived, so we planned a party for afterwards. Denny and I were planning on throwing it/hosting it ourselves until I shared our plans with my good friend, Katie. She, along with more good friends, Allison, Kate and Jill completely took over the planning and made the party so very special. The weather did not allow for our backyard cookout, so we had it in our neighborhood clubhouse. The girls decorated it in a cookout theme and everything was so cute!


If you are in the market for a cake, please check out the cake Kate made for the party! It's amazing! She is very talented. Her blog can be found here. I just loved our lady bug cake. Thanks Kate for all your hard work on this beautiful creation-super yummy too!












We had a great turnout! It was so fun to celebrate MB with our
friends and family. We tried our best to include anyone and everyone
who mourned Brooks and supported us during our journey. I wanted
to be sure everyone got a chance to be in on the happy times too!











Here are 4 generations! My grandpa Dewey (mom's dad), Me & Macy Brooks, and my mom. What a special picture!


Mom soaking up time with her granddaughter

Denny's mom and dad posing with MB

Bob, Viv, Denny, Me & MB, my dad, mom, Grandpa Dewey & Grandma Frances. Everyone stayed with us over the weekend. It was fun having such a busy household! So thankful our family made the trip to celebrate our babies this weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful celebration ashly!!!

macy brooks is adorable!!!

Paige said...

so much fun and thanks for sharing- Macy is so beautiful. I am with you on the waiting until after she gets here- some have asked me if I am having a shower- ummmm........."NO!" Ha, we are planning a sip and see or somthing for after Callyn's arrival (that is if the flu spreading stops!!)

Kimberly Jones said...

Great Pics! I love the four generations picture. She is one beautiful baby girl! It was a great party!

thedunns said...

so sweet & so special! I'm so glad you got to celebrate Macy Brooks & that cake looks delicious (& beautiful!)

Unknown said...

So wonderful! I love the idea of that instead of a shower....maybe one day I will do the same thing =) I am so hapy for you guys - still thinking about y'all...

~Kimberly

Amber said...

I was honored to celebrate with you! MB is just too precious. Now...we just need those beach pictures!