This is your (AND MINE!) friendly reminder about this Christmas season. It's really NOT about gifts, baking, shopping, parties and eating too much.
Well, that's not fair to say, it is about gifts, well gift actually. The most special gift one could ever receive. Jesus Christ!
Now that God has let me keep one of my babies, I think about this gift on a deeper level. I cannot fathom sending Macy Brooks to live for 33 years and then having her die a most painful and humiliating death for other people. It's truly amazing God sent his son for us.
I'm trying hard to focus on the meaning of Christmas. A newborn babe in a manger sent to save the world. I'm so thankful for that baby boy.
Luke 2:8-12
8 and there were shepherds living in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12 There will be a sign to you; you will find a baby wrapped in cloths lying in a manger."
12 years ago
2 comments:
nicely put.... i was just thinking today about all the junk we do this time of year that gets in the way of the real christmas. just think of how much we could focus on Jesus if we weren't shopping, wrapping and decorating! by the way i got both callyn's monogrammed shirts on etsy- the one with the bow was from bellaclairebaby.com. Love your new blog pic!!
Hi Ashly,
I forget exactly how I found your blog but I'm so glad I did. I am so sorry for your losses. Your son and daughter are so beautiful and I pray that you and your husband will continue to cling to Jesus and the hope that's found in Him. I'm so blessed to have met another sister in Christ and just know that you are not alone in your suffering.
In Christ,
Jennifer
~Romans 8:18~
Post a Comment