Our sweet Brooks was born 3 months ago today. Today he should be 3 months old. Wow. On one hand it seems as though we lost our baby 3 days ago and on the other it's as if it was 3 years ago. I miss him terribly and the wound is still fresh. I wonder how long it takes for the stabbing pain in my heart to give way to an ache. Today my mind has been busy. Very busy. I've replayed events of 9/18/08 many times. Thoughts of sadness sit heavy today thinking of what could have been. Happy thoughts have also crept in, thinking of all the sweet memories I have with Brooks. We took him to the lake and to Hilton Head. We talked to him each day and prayed for him each night. I went on long walks with him, painted rooms with him and talked joyously with him about things to come. Sometimes if I try real hard I am able to picture Brooks fitting perfectly into our family. But usually that's not the case. Will I ever get to experience the joy of delivering a healthy baby that cries at birth and gets to come home with us? That dream feels too good to come true. I've never experienced that so I have trouble visualizing it.
Emotionally I am still riding that oh-so-fun roller coaster. Up and down. Up and down. Yesterday was not so good. I could be nothing but sad, only focusing on what my work Christmas party should have been like. Today, on the other hand I have a sense of peace and hope. It is such a gift from God. He is the only one able to put my mind and heart at ease. He is taking such good care of us and for that I am grateful. Grace is an amazing thing! I'd be lost without it.
We love you and miss you sweet Brooks!
Here are some pictures in honor of 3 months:


What big feet you have my dear! No wonder I had SEVERE rib pain-what a little stinker=)

5 comments:
oh ashly,
my heart breaks for you. it has been 10 months for us, and i am struggling awfully hard as well. do you have email?? i would like to correspond with you....my is jessedestinybraxton@gmail.com
What a beautiful boy Brooks is. I am so sorry for your pain and I am so glad that you've been feeling some of the Lord's peace. Know that my heart hurts for you and that I'm praying for you.
Hugs,
Amanda
Ashly,
I am praying and praying... it is so hard...
~ Stacy
What a beautiful baby boy.... My heart breaks for you Ashly.
Hugs,
Terry Lynne
That sweet baby has a sweet, sweet mommy! He knew how much you loved him! No doubt. And you'll know the joy of healthy babies too. I'm praying that and believing it. Peace IS a gift from God and I'm thankful for that for you! Your faith will reap big blessings!! LOVE you!
Sarah
Post a Comment