It's almost Christmas, are all the blog readers ready? I'm getting close. I've been extremely unable to focus for the past 3 months(another post on that frustration later.) I realized yesterday there were only 5 days 'til we celebrate Jesus' birth and only 3 days till we travel so I'd better get with it! I made myself concentrate and I've been gettin' it done.
Anyways, I wanted to tell everyone about the amazing place I work, which also happens to be my church-North Point Community Church. Our Christmas service was held today and I must admit I was nervous and emotional going into it. You know my heart has been heavy and I didn't want the tribulation I'm in the midst of overshadowing what Christmas is all about. My intention was not to focus on me, but Jesus and the amazing birth that took place 2,008 years ago.
So it went like this, on the way there the pity party I was afraid of struck full force. Makeup and snot(eeww!) were everywhere and the tears had a hard time drying up. I composed myself and steered my thoughts above and had a great time exchanging ornaments with my fellow volunteers in the baby room. Emotions were again running on edge waiting for the service to start. I saw on the screen all the upcoming Christmas songs and didn't think I'd be able to sing. Well, if anyone has ever visited North Point, you know we do it up right!
It's hard to explain but I'll try. We have 2 auditoriums, the East and the West and they are back to back sharing a stage separated by a wall. The first song began with a drum player in the West(we were in the East) and then with a bang the East joined in! Both bands were playing the same song together and taking turns doing the beats! Can you picture it? It was absolutely powerful. How thrilled was I that it was upbeat and energetic!? God's presence in the auditorium was so strong I had no time to focus on myself and our recent sad story. It was just what I needed.
There were several more songs and a great video by Andy Stanley on the history of Jesus' birth and the man with whom Luke begins his story, Caesar Augustus. I will post the link once it's online. And I'll try to find a video of the music-you have to see it to get the goosebumps!
I can't believe I work at such a God loving place. Thank you God for an amazing blessing!
12 years ago
2 comments:
I am so glad you were able to enjoy the service! Sometimes you just need to lose yourself! Speaking of services...Pastor Johnny preached on Forgiveness yesterday, could it have been any more perfect!
Before the service started, I was reading Revelations 4 and thinking about how as I sat there, the angels in heaven were singing 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.'"
I knew it was "on" once they broke into Bitter Sweet Symphony...
Merry Christmas and God bless you and Denny!
Post a Comment