12 years ago
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
This Stinks
I'm trying to enjoy the Christmas season, I really am. But the sadness has a strong hold on me. After a l-o-n-g discussion (to put it politely) with my sweet hubby over whether to purchase a real tree or a fake one, he agreed to buy a real one so I can enjoy the smell and keep with tradition. I'm thankful he let me have my way and the house already smells like Christmas, but as soon as we got it settled in the tree stand the sad feelings came on strong. I was trying to ignore them and focus on fun things, like pulling out my favorite decor, but my mind wasn't having it. There's supposed to be a cutie little boy here to share Christmas 2008 with, a baby's first Christmas ornament to place on the tree, a tiny 3rd stocking to hang from the mantel, a struggle to get the shopping done because of nap and feeding schedules and a photo Christmas card of our family of 3. But no, not this year-again. There are only 2 stockings hanging, only a remembrance ornament to purchase,the shopping will be a breeze since I can go whenever I want and our card will only show our family of 2. It's not supposed to be like this. There's only one way to put it-THIS STINKS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We might need some more retail therapy soon! :) Praying hard for you!
Ashly, I am very sorry to hear about your hard time with enjoying the Holiday season! My heart couldn't imagine what you are going through but I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I will definetly keep you in my prayers through this holiday season. God Bless!
You are better than me...I haven't convinced myself that it is ok to put a tree up. I know exactly how you are feeling. God Bless
Hey honey, I feel for you! I am so proud of you though for how much you are fighting to have a good Christmas season. I'll keep praying for you. Thanks again for being so honest on this blog.
If I could have it my way none of us would experience the pain that life can bring. At least we have our one hope Jesus Christ. Ashley, I wish I could make all of your pain go away. I'll keep praying that God will comfort you during this hard time.
You will continually be amazed by our God. Your strength (even though you don't feel strong) and your faith (even though it may feel weak) are an amazing testimony to everyone who reads your blog. Praying for you as often as I think of you. It's quite a lot. ;)
I'm so sorry, Ashly. I'm praying for you.
Hugs,
Amanda
Post a Comment