A person looking from the outside in might think we should really be looking forward to 2009. Just end 2008 and get on with it.
I'm not expecting to feel a whole lot different tomorrow, the first day of '09. I'm actually kind of weirded out by it. 2008 was all about Brooks. Conceived Jan 4th. Knew he was healthy and had boy parts May 8th. Born September 18th. Buried September 20th. It's sad to know the world is moving on without him. Another year is here. I think these thoughts play into my fear of people forgetting him. I've been pretty sad for several days in a row now and I think it's because of 2009 looming in the near future. I don't want a new year, I want 2008 back. And I want it to go differently. I know it's not possible, but that's what I want people.
We're driving to NC tonight for some more Christmas celebrations with my extended family. I'm thankful there wasn't any pressure to go out somewhere and scream "Happy New Year" at the stroke of midnight. D and I can hang out together and watch football. Act like it's not New Year's Eve. Sounds like a plan to me!
12 years ago
7 comments:
Hi Ashly,
My feelings are so similar... 2008 was all about Isaac, and 2009 just feels further away from him and that's so hard. I hope you enjoy your trip to NC... and please know that I am continuing to pray for you...
~ Stacy
Hi Ashly,
I know exactly how you feel. I am praying for you and your husband - that 2009 will bring peace and happiness to you - I know it will be hard without Brooks. We will not forget your sweet boy.
Many hugs and prayers,
Amanda
Forget Brooks...impossible! Love you guys!
I had a wierd dream a week or so ago that I told you and Denny "You don't understand how Brooks has changed my life." We will NEVER forget the little guy. May God bless you both in 2009!
I feel blessed to have met that little blessing and I look forward to seeing him again. How could anyone possibly forget sweet Brooks and the faith of his parents!
Here's to the many blessings sure to come in '09! Love you!!
BTW -- fantastic comment on my blog!! :0 ...that's an imodicon for your mom's face after "the fall/show"...it seemed appropriate after reading it!
hey ashly! deborah anne forwarded me your message...you are so sweet!! we pray for you and Denny each day!! I pray God's peace to be on you in this new year...a year of new beginnings! email me if you need anything...jennifergetts@yahoo.com.
Many Blessings on you and yours...
Brooks will always be such a big and important part to our lives. David and him were best buds even if they only knew each other while they were both in the womb. Time may pass but we will not forget him!
Post a Comment