
Today is our 4 legged baby girl's birthday! She is 3 years old!! Sierra has been the best dog. I know people say all the time, "I have the best dog" but when we say it, we mean it=) She has been an amazing daughter from day one. We picked out our baby girl in mid-April 2006 when she was 6 months old. We knew we had to go to Destin for a wedding the next weekend so we arranged to pick her up on Monday when we returned. Turns out, while we were in Destin we lost our 14 week old baby so we headed home early. I immediately called and the lady agreed we could get her early on Sunday. Denny and I knew she was special when her foster mom cried after walking her out to our car. Sierra has brought so much joy to our home. She knew when I was pregnant that something was going on. Whenever I was in the nursery folding clothes, painting or showing it to visitors she would put on her poutty face! She's so smart! While I was out on maternity leave, believe it or not Sierra was great source of comfort. We hung out together all day. When the tears would start to fall she would hop up and be by my side in a second. Sierra wasn't there for me to pet her, she just knew I was sad and wanted to be near her mommy=)
Sierra berra loves squeaky toys, bananas, play dates with
Lily, going for walks, swimming(for hours on end) , rolling around on the beach, boat riding, and of course treats! I love this dog more than I probably should, but she has saved me from a deep depression more than once! Sierra's a rockstar!
Happy 3rd Birthday Baby Girl!





6 comments:
Happy birthday Sierra girl!! I didn't remember their bdays being so close. Lilly will be five January 9. I can't believe it. These girls are straight up rotten!
Happy Birthday Sierra!
We love our dogs the same....
Happy Birthday Sierra! You are a sweet pup and a gerat four legged daughter :) I love you!
-Aunt Rachael
ps-you and Savannah are gonna be best friends!
It's amazing how much our pets can comfort us and how they can tell when we are sad...
Happy Birthday Sierra!
You have a beautiful dog :)
Hugs,
Amanda
Post a Comment