Saturday, November 29, 2008

Change of Heart

I must confess...mounting inside of me has been a bad attitude about this year's Christmas. I have kinda felt the same way about getting in the Christmas spirit as I felt about celebrating Thanksgiving here. Then I got to thinking...Christmas is about celebrating the greatest event on earth! The birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Now who could not look forward to celebrating that? It may be a lot different this year than what I've been picturing it would be like, but we must celebrate Jesus nonetheless. And we will do it with grateful and reverent hearts. So to jump start my new attitude I did this:
*I have lived in a ranch style house all my 28 years due to my mom's rheumatoid arthritis. So growing up, I knew whenver I lived on my own in a 2 story I would decorate the banister with garland and lights. And look-it's finally done! Don't you think it looks pretty? Me too!


And this:
*This is the top of our entertainment center in the family room. I wish Brooks was here to get into the Christmas spirit with me!!

7 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Ashly,
I have been feeling similarly to you lately but know that we need to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I hope that when we begin to decorate next weekend it will help me get into the Spirit too. Your house looks beautiful.
I'm praying for you.
Hugs,
Amanda

Christopher, Alicia, and Avery said...

Ashly,

We love following your blog and think about you guys often. I check the blog every night before I go to bed and have enjoyed reading everything. Thank you so much and we'll be thinking and praying for you.

Love,
The Sweeneys

Terry Lynne said...

I love reading your blogs Ashly. Stay strong. Your bannister looks beautiful! Someday soon maybe I will have a two story home to decorate !

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I agree with you. I want it all to be about Christ. My goal is to think about him alone this year. I believe if we would do that we would not be disapointed.

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

I just read your story....so much similarity to mine. I too skipped Thanksgiving, and the thought of having a Christmas tree and decorations saddens me. I hope God will provide us all with some form of extreme comfort through the holidays and beyond.

God Bless,
Destiny

Karin said...

Ashly,

I found your blog through Stacy's blog (He will carry me). I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son, Brooks. My husband and I are also trying to find joy in this Christmas season after losing our son, Luke, this past March. All of your decorations look beautiful!

Beth Goff said...

Beautiful!!! I LOVE IT!