Thursday, November 27, 2008

It took awhile

It has taken all day for these thoughts to come together, but I can finally say Happy Thanksgiving. It has been a hard week. I was unable to focus at work, had bouts of uncontrollable tears, thoughts of dread as a day neared where I was supposed to be thankful. I even got in a ridiculous argument with my husband over something as trivial as forgetting to kiss me goodnight and not letting me put my cold feet on his back once we were under the covers=)
I was extremely challenged this morning by this post(click to read). It talks about what the Bible states on thankfulness. It not only says "be thankful IN all things" but "also FOR all things." So tonight I have no profound thoughts or words. Just that I can't say I'm there yet, but I am working on it. Working on being thankful FOR all things. Being thankful IN all things isn't that difficult, because I'm already seeing good and positives of what has happened to us-but FOR all things is still quite challenging.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

1 comment:

Amanda Hoyt said...

I am praying for you, Ashly.
Hugs,
Amanda