Wednesday, November 26, 2008

3 Beautiful Gifts



I have been blessed with 3 beautiful gifts from 3 beautiful people. This first one is from my sweet friend and co-worker, Rachael. She has been such a blessing in my life. Rachael made endless phone calls, sent out many emails, coordinated meals, and has lifted up countless prayers on our behalf. This picture didn't turn out great, but it is a tree that symbolizes family. I love it because family has always been one of the most important parts of my life.










This cross with the pretty blue flower in the middle is from a family I love, The Ferguson's! I was their nanny for over 7 years. This cross necklace is very special to me, because it has his name engraved on the back-Brooks Allen. It's a great conversation starter. People ask me about the necklace and then I get to talk about my favorite son=)



















This picture does not do this necklace justice! It is so gorgeous. The beads are silvery gray and sparkly! I received it in the mail the other day from my friend Jen with whom I have my oldest friendship-19 years!! We have had our good times and bad, but her friendship has remained true and I do not know what I'd do without her. A story about Jen that is funny to me now, happened on9/17/08 the day of my 39 week appointment where I received the worst news of my life. It goes like this:

Me- Hey Jen, I have bad news..I just went to the doctor and they couldn't find a heartbeat. We are headed to the hospital now.

Jen-What!?! I do not accept this, I have to go!

...and she actually hung up! Later that night, maybe around 10ish I get a text from her stating that she is praying for a miracle. I had to text her back and let her know that a miracle wasn't coming our way this time. She explained to me later that she has no idea why she hung up on me that day. Jen told me that she immediately began praying for us. I'm grateful that she hung up on me that evening and started asking God to be with us. We needed prayers more than I needed to hold a conversation. Jen is amazing and I am so thankful for our long lasting friendship=)

6 comments:

Amanda Hoyt said...

Ashly,
I came across your blog thru Angie's. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your losses. I am praying for you.
Hugs,
Amanda

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful heart.

I love your son's name. I am so glad I have been able to "meet" you, through Angie's blog.

I want you to know you are not alone in your pain!

Rory and Cindy said...

Hi Ashly, we met through Jen a looong time ago at a ski trip with Pantego. Anyways, I just wanted you to know that we have been and will continue to pray for you and Denny. I am so sorry about your loss but know that you are being lifted up by more people than I'm sure you can even imagine!

TJ said...

How special! What a blessing great friends are to us all! I see Cindy made a comment on your blog... Have I told you she is one of my best friends from TX? I know she went to HS with Jen. Small world.
I'm praying for you sweet friend!

TJ said...

Sorry Ash, I just realized I am signed in as TJ... It's Beth :)

Rachael Walkup said...

Aww, you are too sweet Ashly! I love you and cherish your friendship very much!
Always your prayer warrier,
Rachael