Hey prayer warriors! So many of you have asked for an update on the sweet baby I asked you to pray for. The bleeding in his brain has ceased, but the swelling is still there and he remains on life support. C & M have signed a 'do not resuscitate' form and the doctors are encouraging them to begin taking him off life support, which will probably happen this week. Once he is removed from the machines he is not expected to live.
The second part of the story that needs prayers is this:
When the baby had his first CT scan on Saturday evening dried blood was found indicating a previous injury. Since C & M were unaware of any other possible injuries the hospital staff decided the dried blood and this new injury could only be shaken baby syndrome. Social services arrived at their home at 3AM that night to take their 4 year old and other twin boy. They are now in foster care and charges could possibly be filed on C if the baby does not live. Knowing this loving family, there is NO WAY this is a case of shaken baby syndrome. M has a family history of some disorder I cannot pronounce that only shows up after 6 months of age so they are having their lawyers and own medical team investigate this possibility. It's really sad that the doctors will not even look into any other possibilities to this injury. C & M love their babies so much and would never do anything to hurt them. There is a hearing this Wednesday to place the other 2 children with family members as opposed to a foster family so that is a big prayer request this week. Other ways to specifically pray for this sweet family:
-miracle healing for the baby
-judge would place the kids with family members back in their own home
-comfort, peace and rest for C & M
-skilled and knowledgeable doctors to do everything they can for the baby
-a peace that surpasses understanding on their decisions about life support
-they would cling to each other and God growing in their faith
-fund raising ideas and events would go well to pay for the lawyers
C & M have been told about my blog posts and have said to tell all of you how much they appreciate all the prayers and to keep them coming as this will likely be a difficult week.
Please continue to ask God for a miracle healing and for the investigation to be dropped!!
12 years ago
3 comments:
Ashly,
I'm sorry that I haven't talked to you since Tucker was born, but have been praying for you. I am so glad to be able to read your blog and get updates on how you are doing. I am still praying and am so encouraged by your great faith!
Thanks for the updates about this family as well. It is so sad to hear that something like this is happening, but I am definitely praying for a miracle of healing and in the courts.
Love,
Kathryn
Ashly, I cannot believe what is happening to this family. It's very scary b/c these type of accidents happen ALL of the time! Thanks so much though for updating us..I had been wondering how the family was doing.
On another note, I'm very glad that God has blessed you with such an amazing husband like Denny! I'm still thinking and praying for you guys often!
Ya'll are amazing...
Summer :)
Thanks for the update! That is SOOOOO SAD!!! How horrible! I am praying for this family and that the Lord would give them PEACE! I hope you have having a great trip at Natalie's!!
Post a Comment