Hello Blog Readers! I am new to the blogging world as a blogger, but I've been a reader for quite some time. To catch those up who might not know us, we are the Tucker Family and I am starting this blog to let others know what's going on in our lives and as a form of therapy for myself. Six weeks and one day ago my husband and I of 3 years buried our son Brooks Allen Tucker. After 2 years of trying to have a baby, a 14 week miscarriage and a 6 week miscarriage we were finally pregnant with a healthy baby boy! The pregnancy was healthy and most enjoyable and Denny and I never took one day of it for granted, thanking God each night for our blessing. Then at our 39 week checkup on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 the midwife said the 4 words nobody wants to hear, "There is no heartbeat." We proceeded to the hospital later that evening to deliver our sweet baby boy. He was born into our loving arms at 7:14 am on Thursday, September 18, 2008.
Onto the name of this post...a friend from my old small group sent me a website last week. It is a blog from a family in New Zealand that lost their son, Christian. To help other families through their grief they allow you to email them your baby's name and they will go to the beach at sunset and write the name in the sand and post the picture. Today, I noticed Brooks had been posted and it's so beautiful I thought it would be a good way to start our blog.
Brooks
Stillborn on September 18th 2008
At 39 weeks
Mommy and Daddy miss you terribly
and can't wait to hold you again in Heaven.
Cumming, Georgia
19 comments:
Hey Tucker's! Not a day goes by that we don't pray for God's healing and your faith to be strengthened. God bless you! We love you!
I will say a prayer for you and baby Brooks. God Bless You.
It's beautiful! We love you both and little Brooks-a-Million!
I'm so glad you decided to do this blog.. I agree it will be so good for you.. and us to remember sweet Brooks.
What a beautiful picture of Brooks' name in the sand. I am so glad you have decided to share your story with the world. I will be praying specific prayers for you. Love you lots!
-Rachael
I love it! ...especially the name in the sand. What an awesome thing for them to do for you! I'll be praying for you today as you head back to work.
Love you!
Sarah
This is so beautiful! I continue to pray for you and think of you often. Big hugs to you ~ Becca
The name in the sand is the most beautiful picture! Our thoughts and prayers are with you both!
Stephanie & Matt
ashly - praying for you and denny so very often. with love, bianca
Ashly I am so happy you started this blog, it was so theraputic for me. I think about your sweet Brooks daily and pray that God will comfort you and Denny right now.
A blog is a wonderful idea! The picture of Brooks name in the sand is beautiful. Love you!
Blog and sand picture - great ideas! Can't wait to keep up with you this way! Praying for you continually!!
A. Jansen
how do i find out about the name in the sand website? My son was stillborn on August 13, and I would love to do this too.
Thanks,
Amy Cross
I had NO idea you started a blog!! What a beautiful picture! Sweet friend I pray for you ALL THE TIME! Brooks was so beautiful and I know God is going to bless so many people through your story. Natalie told me yall are going to visit her!! YEAH!! I wish I could go see her so give her a big hug for me. Miss you!
I'm weeping as I read your blog tonight! I LOVE that a family out there on the other side of the world writes names in the sand and captures a beautiful picture like that! Just think...God and Brooks watched the waves rush over his name! He was lucky to have a mom like you, and I believe you are reaching far more people than you will ever know with your story!!!
Ashly, I have kept Denny and yourself in my prayers ever since I heard what happened. Your blig is very inspiring. I believe it is the best way for you to let your feelings out. God and Brooks are watching over you always and forever.
Kasey Crookes
Ashly,
I ran into Sarah Jefferson yesterday & she gave me your website. What a beautiful dedication to your sweet Brooks. My heart aches for you & I pray so hard that you & Denny will get your Samuel one day! I believe Brooks is looking down on you & smiling a big toothless smile.....he knows he has a mommy that loves him with her heart! Thank you for sharing your story & your feelings! I will continue to pray for you family.
Sara Dunn (Bomar)
This the most beautiful photo. Not a day goes by that I don't say a prayer for you and Denny and baby Brooks. :) God Bless You ! This is an absolutely wonderful blog Ashly.
Terry Lynne = )
Ashly and Denny. I just found your blog and am at a loss for words. That photo in the sand is so beautiful as was your sweet baby boy. Thank you for sharing your journey...
You will be blessed over and over.
-heather merriam
Post a Comment