Unfortunately, I struggled with lots of sadness on Saturday. I had a hard time holding in the tears most of the day. I think what set me off was shopping in the Christmas Place store. If you've ever traveled to Pigeon Forge, you've probably entered this huge store. It's the biggest Christmas store I have ever set foot in. It was crammed wall to wall with holiday things, people, and of course kids and babies. Seeing all the Christmas items made it really hit home how this Christmas is not going to be the Christmas I have pictured since January 26th when I found out we were pregnant. I hated to be sad during Sara's surprise weekend, but it was too much to realize what lies ahead in the next few weeks. I am missing my boy.
12 years ago
4 comments:
Ashly, my heart breaks for you when you have sad times. I pray things will get better even though I know I can never fully feel your loss. I bought an ornament in honor of Brooks. I will send a picture when we get the tree up. You will also receive a letter in the mail from the Wellstar Foundation. = ) For your boy.
Hi there. I saw your blog from Katie Gordon's. I live in the Enclave, and just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. Your spirit and faith are amazing.
Just wanted to say hello.
Aubryn
Oh my goodness, Josh and I were there at the same time!!!! I wish we had known! I miss you! We need to get together soon! Love you guys!
um yeah, that comment was from me "anonymous"!
Amanda :-)
Post a Comment