I hate feeling this way-I want to be able to call on those memories of 2008 whenever I want, but these days, it's as if I was never pregnant and had a son, like it was just a regular year for us. It was far from a regular year for us! We had a great pregnancy that we enjoyed so much. We had a beautiful baby boy that I cannot wait to see again in Heaven!
One more thing I'd like to talk about tonight is what I think one of the worst things is about losing a baby. And that is you don't get to share them with the rest of the world. I had the privilege of knowing this sweet sweet boy and was very much looking forward to sharing him with family, friends and even strangers, but unfortunately I can't do that the way I dreamed. The only thing I can do now is to share our story and how God is using and will continue to use Brooks to grow our faith. We completely trust God that he has wonderful things in store for us. I'm honored I got to carry a baby God thought was so special that He needed him sooner than most. It's my human selfish ways that wish more than anything Brooks was here with us tonight. Lucky for me though, we took lots and lots of pictures that I treasure and look at at least once a day:) So for now, it's what we have to share and I'd like to show him off like all the other normal mommas in the world. Posted below is our favorite picture of our son, Brooks.
Isn't he beautiful? We think so:)
**Please pray for my very sick with the stomach flu hubby when you say your prayers tonight!
13 comments:
Ashly, yes, he is so very beautiful!
Thank you for being so real and sharing your story and your heart. God continues to use your story to challenge my faith.
Ashly, you are such an amazing women...
Thank you for your honesty in sharing your journey Ashly-you are truly a role model to us all. I love that picture of Brooks, he is so precious! You are right-God needed him in Heaven more than here on earth. Praying for you always!
He really is so beautiful. Thanks for being vulnerable and sharing your story. God is shining brightly through you.
Ashly, Shannon shared your blog with me. I have been really praying for you all. I know God's got great things in store for you. Love keeping up with you.
Jennifer Yearty
I came across your blog by accident, but I am so touched by your story! Brooks is beautiful, and your strength is so admirable. You are in my prayers!!!
He is truly magnificent. thank you for sharing your heart and your story.
He is absolutely beautiful, Ashly. Thank you for sharing your heart! Your courage and trust in God is an example to us all. Continuing to pray for you and Denny!
He is very beautiful. I don't know if it helps or not but I share your frustration about not being able to share about your son. When people find out your child was stillborn, they don't ask to see pictures, that was one of the hardest parts after my Joshua was born. Thanks for sharing your beautiful boy with us.
Ashly, i have never met you...but, i know Deborah Anne & Scott..and i met Denny at there wedding; I just want you to know that i have pray for you daily:) Our God is so good and just...and His ways are higher than our own!! You are a strong woman...and the Lord has His hands on you and Denny!! May God bless you...
Ashly, I am so glad you are blogging and the picture of Brookes is beautiful! Your strength and courage is beyond me. I look up to you so much!
This may quite possibly be the most heart-wrenching picture I have ever seen... Your baby boy is beautiful, and thank you for sharing him with us. It's so hard to understand how God is love when faced with the hardships of this world. I don't know your exact pain, and I hope it's not annoying for me to speak, but I can just see Brooks, barefoot in the soft green grass of heaven, playing with his heavenly father and looking into His adoring eyes. It is real, he is alive, and I can't wait for you took take him in your arms and feel his warmth. Praying for you right now...
I came across you blog a while back and I am so glad I found it again. We lost our daughter at 36 weeks- I was extremely sick with HELLP syndrome and had to have an emergency c-section. I didn't even get to be awake and was highly medicated, so I can definately understand what you mean about feeling as if you never gave birth. Although I miss my daughter terribly, it sometimes seems so distant and so "unreal." I will be praying for you and your sweet baby- We are expecting again as well. I am sure that we are struggling with some of the same issues, but praying for peace!!!
Post a Comment