Any guesses on what 108 means?? It's the number of cards and letters of support we have received in the past 8 weeks! This doesn't even include the hundreds of emails, phone calls and text messages. That is amazing. Denny and I have felt nothing short of loved, cared for, and prayed over. We would not be making it through this time as well as we are if it weren't for YOU:)
Besides learning how much we are cared for by our friends and family, there are other things Brooks taught us.
Some of my favorite lessons are:
We make beautiful babies
Our babies aren't huge(which you'd never know by the size of my belly=) Brooks was 6.6lbs!
We can get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy-we'll just need to deliver a little sooner
I can give birth even though doctors doubted it due to my smaller frame
Our marriage is stronger than we knew
Our faith is deeper than we knew
Life can change in an instant, take nothing for granted
Other things I am most thankful for:
-A strong husband of God to walk through this tribulation by my side
-I was able to experience having a life grow inside me
-I got to know my sweet boy better than anyone
-My amazing mother who stayed strong and planned the perfect ceremony for our little man
-North Point Community Church family who provided meals for 2 months
-So many friends who have gone to lunch and taken me for walks where we can talk about Brooks for as long as I wish
-Denny and I are a mommy and daddy to a super special baby
-Perfectly written scripture to call on day in and day out
-I am so happy we did not take our pregnancy and baby boy for granted. We were diligent to soak it all in and thank God for him every day
Even though we're missing him so much and I think the reality of what has happened to us is setting in even deeper, I am thankful for all these things. God is continuing to see us through this time. Denny and I want to thank everyone for their love and support and ask you to continue praying for our heavy hearts. We love you!!
12 years ago
6 comments:
Ashly-You are a beautiful, strong, amazing woman. I am so blessed to know you. I love this blog. And I can't thank you enough for continuing to blog through this journey. I'm praying for you specifically daily. I love you and Denny very much!
-Rach
great to hear NPCC rallying around for your support... awesome!
hey friend!
i just found your blog today. i am glad you did it.
kelly
I am so thankful for you!
Hey Ashly! Hope you're doing well!
You've been tagged! Go to my blog for details:)
kellibriley.vox.com
Ashly,
I found you blog through Chelsea's. I recently started my own. I was so distrought when I found what happened to you. It made my heart bleed and it still does. I hope that you guys with the strength of each other and your the strength of your faith you will be ok. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
Love,
Traci
Post a Comment